Quilt coats are beautiful, functional, and a wonderful way to repurpose—here’s your chance to have your own! What a great way to reutilize and repurpose a family quilt that may not get much use otherwise, something to treasure and hand down to your kids, family, friends, or whoever you hold dear in this world. You have two choices:
1. Provide your own quilt and we can work together to make a custom coat/cardigan for you! This is priced at $180.
2. Choose one of the quilts I have available and then we customize from there.
Please note the following:
- I have one pattern for these coats/cardigans, so that is the basic design we will start from (see first picture). What we can customize is your size, coat length, arm length, buttons/no button, and pocket design.
- Based on the size of your quilt, that may limit some of the options—you can’t use a baby quilt! I typically say at least twin size should work ok in most cases--this is around 60"x 80"
- If you are providing a quilt for me to use, the condition of the quilt is as-is, I won't make significant repairs to the quilt. If there are a few rips or tears, please fix them before giving to me. If you don't want to fix, no problem--I think that brings more character anyway!
- Since I am a one-woman shop, turn around time is 2-3 weeks.
Please email me at email@example.com with dimensions and pictures of your quilt before purchasing. Once you hear back from me, purchase online using the "client provides quilt" and I will contact you about design options.
I love my new coat! It’s so cozy and happy. Hoping to pass on to my 3 year old daughter down the road. Thank you again!